action centers/Emralon

Mark Cramer Cramer@BrandonU.CA
Thu, 25 Mar 2004 09:08:17 -0600

My understanding Lance, is that Emralon has been used in Steinway cloth
bushings since the early eighties, following the discontinuance of Teflon
II.

i.e.; Emralon is apparently the third incarnation of "permafree."

(historical correction certainly welcomed)

BTW Lance, under the impression that even "pure" methanol (methyl hydrate)
has a percentage of water, I usually begin with a straight dose, rather than
water dilution.

However, I get the picture your climate is as "damp" as ours is "dry." We
all gotta use what works!

best regards,
Mark Cramer
Brandon University

  -----Original Message-----
  From: caut-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:caut-bounces@ptg.org]On Behalf Of
llafargue
  Sent: Wednesday, March 24, 2004 8:11 AM
  To: 'College and University Technicians'
  Subject: action centers/Emralon

  In the winter 2004 issue of “The Steinway Technician” from Steinway, they
mention that Emralon is used in their action centers now.

  Does anyone know how long they have used it in centers?

  Can anyone tell me how common the use of Emralon is in action center
bushing cloth and who uses it in their centers today?  I ask because I use
Methanol and grain alcohol to ease bushings and knowing ahead would allow me
to know more accurately how to apply, (% Water, heat) etc.

  Lance Lafargue, RPT

  LAFARGUE PIANOS

  New Orleans Chapter, PTG

  985.72P.IANO