[CAUT] FW: Voicing Success

keenas business keenas.pianos@rcn.com
Sun, 19 Sep 2004 19:45:38 -0400

Hi,

I ended up needling the bass hammers at 3 o'clock and 9 o'clock as had
been in the list of suggestions.  Even though the remnants of hurricane
Ivan were pouring down on us and leaving a great deal of humidity, it
worked.

All of the faculty members who were present, the pianist who is
performing this evening on the same piano and the Artiste who played
Friday evening were exceptionally pleased with the tonality of the
piano. They came up to me immediately after the performance to thank me!

The bass notes that were played during the Ravel pieces were crystal
clear.
I could, however, as I was specifically listening for clarity of sound,
notice several bass notes that needed a bit more clarity when chords
were being played during the Mozart and Brahms selections. I voiced
those 3 notes today.

Thank you all again for your suggestions.  I am utilizing my own time to
voice whenever it is possible so I will be prepared in the future to
quickly respond to the requests of a given Pianist.

Keena Keel, RPT
Gordon College
Wenham, MA