[CAUT] hearing aids

stephen kabat s.kabat@csuohio.edu
Mon, 27 Jun 2005 08:05:16 -0400

Les -
	I've worked at Cleveland State University full-time for the last 15
years and was self-employed for 14 years before that. I've been using
hearing protection of some sort off and on for years, but I purchased a pair
of 'musician's earplugs' about 3 years ago and use them pretty regularly
now. I deducted the expense when I bought them. I'd be glad to provide info
and/or a 'Testimonial' for a journal article if you need it.
Steve Kabat

		-----Original Message-----
		From: caut-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:caut-bounces@ptg.org]
		Sent: Friday, June 24, 2005 4:10 PM
		To: caut@ptg.org
		Subject: [CAUT] hearing aids

		I'm interested in learning how many tuners use hearing aids.
I just started such a month or two ago.   My audiologist thinks my problem
goes back years, probably before I took my tuning test, so I've been
compensating without them...........    But there is a "necessary and
ordinary" clause if one is to take such things as business
expenses..........  The more techs who use them, the more "ordinary" it
becomes.

		I'd appreciate hearing from "hearing aid" users.  If
replying on this list is difficult, then just drop a "yes" to me at my
l-bartlett@sbcglobal   address..    I'm interested in NUMBERS at this time.
An article for the Journal will probably follow at some point. Then I might
solicit experiences.

		Would someone who is also on pianotech post it there.    I'd
like to find that there are more than would ordinarily be imagined who are
using the help of hi-tech......
		thanks
		les bartlett
		bartlettpianoservice.com << File: ATT00011.txt >>

A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: winmail.dat
Type: application/ms-tnef
Size: 6015 bytes