[CAUT] glue sizing

wimblees@aol.com wimblees@aol.com
Mon, 27 Jun 2005 12:33:05 -0400

Ok, you guys, help me out here. I should probably know this, but I'm having trouble glue sizing my balance rail holes.

I put the glue in the hole, wipe off any excess, and then put the key back on the balance rail. I wipe off the glue comes out the top. After the glue dries, there are three problems. 1. the balance rail punching is sometimes glued to the bottom of the key. That's an easy fix. 2. The glue at the top of the pin dries to the bushing. When I remove the key, sometimes the bushing come off and I have to rebush. 3. I have to clean the glue off the balance rail.

What am I doing wrong?

Wim