[CAUT] Center pinning

Porritt, David dporritt@mail.smu.edu
Thu, 30 Jun 2005 12:31:18 -0500

I have to admit I don't have a good way to check pinning on the jack.
As long as it doesn't wobble, I just make it as free as I can.  The
repetition lever I hold the spring away from it and I want to measure 6
- 8 grams at the drop screw pad.  Before I had a good gram gauge I had
an 8-gram weight and I'd want it to move the repetition lever if I laid
it on the drop screw pad, but not move it when I put it on the height
adjusting screw.

dp

David M. Porritt
dporritt@smu.edu

-----Original Message-----
From: caut-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:caut-bounces@ptg.org] On Behalf Of
Alan McCoy
Sent: Thursday, June 30, 2005 12:07 PM
To: College and University Technicians <caut@ptg.org>
Subject: [CAUT] Center pinning

Hey,

Does anyone have an effective and efficient method of checking pinning
on
jacks and rep levers? And what specs do you strive for? I know in my
previous work these two centers get less attention than they deserve if
want very consistent repetition. Thanks for any suggestions.

Like Mark Cramer I really enjoyed the time in Kansas City putting name
face and I look forward to meeting more of you in the future. This list
is a
vital part of my effectiveness and enjoyment of the workplace here.

Alan

-- Alan McCoy, RPT
Eastern Washington University
amccoy@mail.ewu.edu