[CAUT] Today's Puzzler.

Thomas D. Seay, III t.seay@mail.utexas.edu
Thu, 17 Mar 2005 13:18:33 -0600

Well, how about the top flange or its set screw touching the
sostenuto rail? I seem to recall that the Mason & Hamlin's of that
vintage have some sort of oddball sostenuto rail which is almost
impossible to regulate up and down or in and out. If that's the case,
perhaps you can remove material from the top flange or nip the end of
the threaded portion of the set screw so it will clear. Perhaps
bending the damper wire back will cause the necessary clearance.

Tom