[CAUT] excessive pedaling?

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Thu, 17 Mar 2005 16:54:51 EST

In a message dated 3/17/05 1:19:15 P.M. Central Standard Time,
piano57@flash.net writes:

I've seen plenty of both types (those who ride the una  corda and those who
don't).  Has it always been that way?   I've wondered if it started in earnest
with folks trying to  control pianos that were excessively bright.

Barbara Richmond

Personally I think he has always played this way. I don't know for sure,
because I've only recently started to pay attention to it. But he mentioned this
problem on the other D we have, and on his pianos in his studio.

Wim