[CAUT] D complimented

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Mon, 21 Mar 2005 17:47:34 EST

In a message dated 3/20/05 8:46:08 P.M. Central Standard Time,
roger.j@sasktel.net writes:

Some  suggestions that may be helpful to you.

I have added Dag screws to the  D's I look after. It makes voicing a lot
easier I can quickly push the action  into position, and not have to worry about
cheek blocks and the sustenuto rod  giving problems. After voicing, I back the
screws inwards a quarter of a  turn.

I drew a line on the keybed where the action is supposed to be, so I don't
have to keep putting the cheek blocks in.

I  have a couple of pieces of laminated card, so I can depress the pedal, and
 slip it at the bass end of the action.  This will give an accurate half
pedal position, makes it easy to get consistent voicing in this  position.  The
thickness of the card is half the thickness of the Agraffe  holes.

This is fine if you only want to do half pedal, or all the way. But this
professor wants it at 100 different position, (or at least as many as possible)
That is why I drew a mark on the keyframe, and then three marks on the
keybed.  This allows me about 5 different positions. But I found that  even that
doesn't do the job. I wound up doing what one of you suggested, (I  can't
remember who), and that is to do a slow shift on each key, playing the  note
constantly. It brings out even the smallest imperfection.

Wim