[CAUT] D complimented

Roger Jolly roger.j@sasktel.net
Mon, 21 Mar 2005 21:14:49 -0600

>Hi Wim,

>I drew a line on the keybed where the action is supposed to be, so I don't
>have to keep putting the cheek blocks in.

Looking for those lines is very slow compared with just pushing the action
fully home.

>I have a couple of pieces of laminated card, so I can depress the pedal,
>and slip it at the bass end of the action.  This will give an accurate
>half pedal position, makes it easy to get consistent voicing in this
>position.  The thickness of the card is half the thickness of the Agraffe
>holes.
>
>This is fine if you only want to do half pedal, or all the way. But this
>professor wants it at 100 different position, (or at least as many as
>possible) That is why I drew a mark on the keyframe, and then three marks
>on the keybed.  This allows me about 5 different positions. But I found
>that even that doesn't do the job. I wound up doing what one of you
>suggested, (I can't remember who), and that is to do a slow shift on each
>key, playing the note constantly. It brings out even the smallest
>imperfection.

You have to get the half pedal even before looking for those other
positions.  I can't rely on my foot to find that half pedal point, the card
makes every thing reproducible.  If you have even voicing at full bore, and
even voicing at half pedal, the other adjustments are minor.

It works for me.  Since I do a lot of voicing, this is the fastest and most
efficient method that I have managed to master.

Regards Roger