voicing a lot. was Re: [CAUT] D complimented

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Tue, 22 Mar 2005 10:21:03 EST

In a message dated 3/21/05 9:15:21 P.M. Central Standard Time,
roger.j@sasktel.net writes:

Since I  do a lot of voicing, this is the fastest and most efficient method
that I have  managed to master.

Regards Roger

This brings up another topic, regarding voicing. How often do you, or  anyone
else, voice the same piano? You install the dags on concert piano  you voice
a lot. How much is "a lot"? Every tuning, twice a year, before every  concert?

Not just you, Roger, but others. What I'm really getting at, is, can I tell
my professors that the sound changes on the same instrument, and that a  piano
that sounds good today, will sound different tomorrow, because of a  variety
of reasons.

Wim