[CAUT] Bench Day(s)

Wigent, Donald E WIGENTD@MAIL.ECU.EDU
Tue, 22 Mar 2005 13:42:03 -0500

Hi Don Wigent here well welcome to co.lage work.  I guess that's why
they pay us the big bucks, hay.

=20

  _____ =20

From: caut-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:caut-bounces@ptg.org] On Behalf Of
Avery Todd
Sent: Tuesday, March 22, 2005 1:32 PM
To: College and University Technicians
Subject: [CAUT] Bench Day(s)

=20

Ever have one of "those" days? I went into our piano lab last Friday to
tune
an acoustic piano that's in there and discovered 4 broken Clavinova
benches=20
laying in the corner under the grand! So, yesterday I reglued & clamped
2 of=20
them but had to cannibalize one that was too messed up to be worth
repairing
anyway, for missing screws, parts, etc.=20

Today I put them together, returned them to the room and while I was
there,
went through all the benches tightening screws & leg bolts. It's amazing
how many screws there are on those benches: 32 + the 4 leg bolts.
Multiply=20
that times 16 keyboards and that's 512 screws & 64 bolts! Plus the two I

repaired (& 1 more in the shop) to fix. I even found a S&S & a Bose
bench in=20
there.=20

Well, at least maybe that'll prevent any more from breaking for a while!
Now maybe I can get back to piano work! :-)=20

Avery=20

Avery Todd, RPT
Moores School of Music
University of Houston