[CAUT] Bench Day(s)

Conrad Hoffsommer hoffsoco@luther.edu
Tue, 22 Mar 2005 12:44:44 -0600

At 12:31 3/22/2005, you wrote:
>Ever have one of "those" days? I went into our piano lab last Friday to tune
>an acoustic piano that's in there and discovered 4 broken Clavinova benches
>laying in the corner under the grand! So, yesterday I reglued & clamped 2 of
>them but had to cannibalize one that was too messed up to be worth repairing
>anyway, for missing screws, parts, etc.
>
>Today I put them together, returned them to the room and while I was there,
>went through all the benches tightening screws & leg bolts. It's amazing
>how many screws there are on those benches: 32 + the 4 leg bolts. Multiply
>that times 16 keyboards and that's 512 screws & 64 bolts! Plus the two I
>repaired (& 1 more in the shop) to fix. I even found a S&S & a Bose bench in
>there.
>
>Well, at least maybe that'll prevent any more from breaking for a while!
>Now maybe I can get back to piano work! :-)
>
>Avery

That's what causes carpal tunnel... ;-}

Or makes you screwy??

Spring break is to fix things, Avery. Today it's an SF10 music rack which
somebody wanted to fold down the wrong way. I'll be laying in some maple to
replace the poplar which pulled out and splintered so well...

Conrad Hoffsommer
Decorah, IA

My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely.
It's gone right now and didn't leave a forwarding address.