[CAUT] Pulley keys.

Roger Jolly roger.j@sasktel.net
Fri, 25 Mar 2005 10:55:04 -0600

Happy Easter Don :-D
                                        Quick eye's there my friend. Extra
glue was  put on so it would show up in the photo.  I have been doing this
for a number of years for the odd pulley key with no problems encountered.
I wipe balance rail pins with a very thin smear of protec grease

I had tried steaming the holes, with cauls to protect the bushings, it
sized the bushing cloth just right but the BR holes were  still loose.
I always try steam first, In the field a wet cloth over the hole then apply
the tip of the iron.    Trust me this  was way too bad for that.

Sizing holes, We just use the same size BR pin in a battery operated
drill.  Two or three revolutions, buzzzzzzzzz buzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Whole set
sized to perfection in 5 mins.  Heck we get lots of practice selling
Yamaha.    I know Kawai is perfect from the factory. ;-)

This is the first time I have ever sized all 88 keys this way.   First time
I encountered all 88 needing to be sized because of pulley problems.

Regards Roger