[CAUT] Questions about pulley keys.

Don Mannino DMannino@kawaius.com
Fri, 25 Mar 2005 13:50:53 -0800

Wim,
=20
Any movement at all front to back is a very bad thing.  If you can feel
any movement when grabbing the key and pushing it back and forth, it
should be repaired.  Really bad effect on the touch.
=20
Rarely is the entire set bad at once.  As long as there are a few tight
ones, you can just use a straightedge on the fronts of the keys and
figure it out that way, with the keys on the keyframe.=20
=20
Don Mannino
=20

-----Original Message-----
From: caut-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:caut-bounces@ptg.org] On Behalf Of
Wimblees@aol.com
Sent: Friday, March 25, 2005 12:54 PM
To: caut@ptg.org
Subject: [CAUT] Questions about pulley keys.

Some questions in general about pulley keys. What would be the maximum
distance a key should be allowed to move before it is considered ready
for repair? I'm talking to total distance from front to back, (or side
to side). The other question is, how do you determine the right position
for a key? If it moves back and forth, is it presumed the right place is
right in the middle? Or is it possible that the back of the hole is
right, and the front is worn out? After all, I would presume the keys
get pushed to the back of the action, which is causing the hole to
become oblong in the first place.=20
=20
Wim=20
Willem Blees, RPT