[CAUT] Pulley keys.

Jim Busby jim_busby@byu.edu
Fri, 25 Mar 2005 16:57:54 -0700

Thanks Hans,
=20
These came to us "right out of the box" so it must have been some new
guy at the factory. Guess I'll have to buy a set of .125 (is that
right?) pins and start sizing all the new pianos...
=20
Jim Busby=20
=20
-----Original Message-----
From: caut-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:caut-bounces@ptg.org] On Behalf Of
Hans E Sander
Sent: Friday, March 25, 2005 1:44 PM
To: caut@ptg.org
Subject: RE: [CAUT] Pulley keys.
=20
Hi Jim,
The holes were drilled consistent at the factory (believe me) but
somebody later (maybe even in the factory) removed, pulled the keys the
wrong way. I have seen this many times.
Hans Sander=20

>>> jim_busby@byu.edu 03/25/05 3:04 PM >>>
Hi Joe,
=20
No, the holes aren't consistent. In fact, if you insert a "CF" tool you
see that sometimes the hole is oblong from top to bottom and sometimes
it is oblong side to side. I'm not sure what's happening.=20
=20
I know how to fix it, I'm just wondering why it is that way, and
frankly, our church buys thousands of these and I'm in a position to
influence them.=20
=20
Regards,
Jim