Fw: [CAUT] Re: Leads, Magnets, Springs, etc.

Chris Solliday solliday@ptd.net
Thu, 31 Mar 2005 12:33:45 -0500

----- Original Message -----=20
From: Chris Solliday=20
To: Mark Dierauf=20
Sent: Thursday, March 31, 2005 10:09 AM
Subject: Re: [CAUT] Re: Leads, Magnets, Springs, etc.

Mark, I don't know what vintage those parts were, but the centers in =
Tokiwa parts were recently redesigned by someone from Yamaha, and you'd =
have to ask Randy Morton or Bob Marinelli who, and exactly when, but my =
own experience has been no problem since. Although I must say I never =
had the degree of problems you are describing. Over the years I have had =
similar problems with Tokiwa,=20
Steinway factory, Abel, Renner, and even on a rare occasion long ago =
Yamaha factory not to mention many minor name manufacturers. The culprit =
almost always is a bad run of bushing cloth although it can combine with =
improperly dried wood so that the hole itself is moving which I have had =
with Abel on occasion. I use all these brands in order to better meet =
the needs of a particular project and to not have my eggs all in one =
basket should a "bad run" appear.  However, as of now current production =
of all these manufacturers seems to be good. Does anyone have more =
experiences with new parts to share? as if I had to ask. Chris Solliday
  ----- Original Message -----=20