[CAUT] pros and cons of individual strings

Jorgensen, Michael L jorge1ml@cmich.edu
Fri, 13 May 2005 09:45:37 -0400

Guy,
     Individually hitched strings seem like they should be more stable, but I could never detect any better stability. I know one Asian piano with individual hitched strings that is horrifically unstable,  but that's probably due to other deficiencies.  That pianos also breaks a lot of strings and I find the stringing annoying because it's different.
-Mike Jorgensen