[CAUT] New Department Administrators

wimblees at aol.com wimblees at aol.com
Thu Jun 15 12:54:41 MDT 2006

Rob

My recommendation is to stay out of the fracas. Let those faculty
members that want to control things, and argue over everything, have
their way. The best you can do is make a list of the pianos you think
need replacing, including their condition, current value, replacement
value, and the cost of parts to fix them. Give that list to the
department chair, then get out of the way. Offer advice or opinions
only when asked, and accept any decisions the faculty makes with a
smile. It's not worth it to get involved in department politics. It's
the new chair's job to bring order to the chaos.

Wim
Willem Blees, RPT
Piano Tuner/Technician
School of Music