[CAUT] pedal squeal

Don pianotuna at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 22 11:38:34 MST 2006

Hi Susan,

I've already burnished telfon powder into the felt--the noise came back
after a number of months. What's worse is the piano is a two hour drive
from where I live--so I get "one kick at the can" every year. I'm hoping
for someone to post a "sure fire" cure. (hmmm fire...it is a reasonable
piano so a pint of gasoline and a match are not appropriate LOL)

Maybe I need to be "more agressive" with the felt and use an emery board on
it to "fuff" it up?

I do have a steamer device now too so may try that as well.