[CAUT] pedal squeal

Susan Kline skline at peak.org
Wed Mar 22 10:58:14 MST 2006

Hi, Don

A two-hour drive complicates matters.

If you still want to stay with the felts you have (felt, not cloth?)
you could remove the pedal rod, polish the contact area with Flitz,
then spray it with a dry lube like teflon spray.

If you have a good woven action cloth of the right thickness, you could
cut yourself long strips of the right width (rotary cutter and
big mat with a metal straight edge) and take them and some
Elmer's with you, in case you decide to replace. Of course, if you
have the levers off to replace the cloth, you can then clean and lube
the rod.

I think that felt glazes more easily than cloth.

Oh, have fun ...

Susan