[CAUT] Dollies and projection (was Hamburg leg bolt)

Alan McCoy amccoy at mail.ewu.edu
Tue May 9 10:44:49 MDT 2006

Is there a consensus out there that concert instruments project better with
a solid contact to the floor as contrasted with a piano on a dolly (rubber
wheels)? If so, what technique do you use to deal with it? I have several
venues with pianos on dollies. If I can get better tone out of my pianos
simply by making a more solid contact, I'll go home and make some wedges or
whatever tonight! Pronto, rapidisimo, asap.......  Pictures are always nice,
if you have the time.

Thanks.

Alan