[CAUT] stack fit to keyframe

A440A at aol.com A440A at aol.com
Mon Sep 11 21:19:09 MDT 2006

Bob writes:
> >>One can't argue that the principles
> calling for the magic line are correct, but in reality I've never been able
> to detect an increase in friction in an action that deviates from the magic
> line.<<

 Greetings,
 Nor I.   I am not sure what the "principles'   are, though.   Allowing the
capstan to pass above the magic line before escapement is something I try to
avoid, since it begins sending the ration back "down" just as you can use the
increased leverage to keep up the hammer velocity.(I posted on this last month).

   Like Bob, I have varied the settings to see what happens to friction when
the magic line is ignored, and I couldn't find any difference between the
possible settings in a given action.