[CAUT] Steinway Upright tuning

Ted Sambell edward.sambell at sympatico.ca
Thu Aug 16 14:47:22 MDT 2007

In 1972, the university Faculty of Music I worked for  bought a number of these, and within a few years each and every one of them had the pinblock separate in the bass. I am puzzled because nobody else seems to have had this experience, possibly because of changes to more recent models. The design deficiences were so obvious as to make one wonder what kind of tinkeres were responsible. Overall, these were truly dismal examples of the piano makers' art.

Ted Sambell