[CAUT] Studio trucks/dollies

Jeff Tanner jtanner at mozart.sc.edu
Thu Feb 8 09:13:46 MST 2007

On Feb 8, 2007, at 1:44 AM, David Ilvedson wrote:
> I like the Jansen heavy duty dolly...make sure it will fit between
> any doors it might be going through...

Just making sure we're on the same page.  Ken, you like the less
expensive 4009 lighter weight dollies with the 2 1/2" casters just
fine and David likes the 4003, heavy duty dollies with the 5"
casters.  Have either of you had to make any drywall repairs from
walls that have been damaged by pushing the piano too quickly towards
a wall?  I see that as a definite concern.  Also, I had this piano
here with the heavy duty dollies down in a room for where we teach
teaching music to very young children.  The professor didn't like it
because of concern the children would be injured on the dollies and
the piano sat out in the hallway 90% of the time.  She wanted
something easily portable, but wouldn't use the piano with these
dollies.  She eventually told me just come get the piano and forget it.

If that's all there is, that's what we will go with.  But I wanted to
be sure there wasn't anything better before I order them.

Thanks again for your help guys.
Jeff

Jeff Tanner, RPT
University of South Carolina