[CAUT] Artist bench

RicB ricb at pianostemmer.no
Sun Feb 18 14:27:54 MST 2007

I'd advise getting these new gas benches.  Most solid adjustable
configuration I've seen todate.  Never a chance in the world of these
developing squeeks and squacks.

Not so expensive either if you order direct from piano suppliers.

Cheers
RicB

    We have a few non-Jansen artist benches (old) around and I'm
    wondering if anyone knows anything who makes these things. The
    mechanism is quite simple, one long threaded rod held by two fixtures
    that always get loose. I've attempted repairs a couple of times but
    without much success, or, I should say, long term success. One of the
    benches has lost a piece of the mechanism. The department won't
    spring for a new Jansen bench. Does anyone know if these are still
    being made and/or if replacement parts are available?

    Thanks,
    Aaron