[CAUT] How many DC tanks, (was undercover Heat n Bond)

Don pianotuna at accesscomm.ca
Mon Feb 26 22:59:58 MST 2007

Hi Barbara,

The Dampchaser web site has "wiring diagrams" that show their suggestions
for locations.

The humidistat is the key factor--8 to 12 inches I believe is the current
specification for units with under covers. I guess with two buckets I'd try
to find a location that was 12 inches from both. Mount the controller as
close to the sound board as possible without risking it buzzing.

Uninstalling can be a real pain if someone has used every screw that
Dampchaser provides. For a dual tank unit if you have to add a bottom cover
and Edwards string cover I'd allow at least 4 to 5 hours (with the uninstall).

If the buckets are the older style you may wish to upgrade the hangers to
the newer plastic ones.

Make sure you have good lighting and a magnetic 1/4 inch hex driver. Since
you may be uninstalling lots of screws a nice big magnet will hold them for
you til they are needed.

My "ideal" bottom cover would be Mark's heat bond for the edges with a
velcro "trap door" so the bonding would not need to be redone when the pads
are replaced.

I'd probably error on the side of caution and put in brand new pads.

Good luck!
At 10:05 PM 2/26/2007 -0600, you wrote:
>Hi Don,
>
>I am no expert at this.  Where would you place the tanks?  I have the
>schematic for one tank--where it is pretty much in the middle.  There looks
>like plenty of room on the straight side and not as much room towards the
>curved side.  Is there an ideal placement for two tanks?
>

>Thanks,
>
>Barbara Richmond

3004 Grant Rd. REGINA, SK, S4S 5G7
306-539-0716 or 1-888-29t-uner