[CAUT] How many DC tanks, (was undercover Heat n Bond)

Barbara Richmond piano57 at insightbb.com
Tue Feb 27 18:14:42 MST 2007

Thanks for your reply, Jeff.

The information about a single tank with undercover vs. two tanks under the beams is especially helpful to me.  I used a heater bar under the keybed of my S&S A (1914) when I had no AC in the summer and the keys got sluggish.  Since rebuilding I've always had AC, so I don't know if the new key-bushing job solved the problem or not.  The keys on this B need attention--without going into the whole story, I'll make them right and then see what happens.

This is a piano faculty member's home instrument.  I believe she'd be more interested in what will make the piano perform at its best in regards to the Edward's String Cover.  I have a feeling she'll go for it to protect her investment--especially since AC isn't used in the summer.  Wanna bet?!  Aw, just kidding...  ;-)

Best,

Barbara Richmond, RPT