[CAUT] S&S Hearing Aids

James Ellis claviers at nxs.net
Tue Jan 23 13:12:04 MST 2007

Lance Lafargue said Steinway's plan is a good one.  That depends upon how
you define "good".  Lance also said it's a sad reflection on where we have
gone.  I agree!  Indeed it is, and a frightening view of where we are
going!  I see it everywhere.  Corporations will, in effect, sell poison (in
the form of violent video games) to children for a quick buck, and they get
away with it.  Adults will go into debt to buy trivia they will throw away
next yesr.  It's a scenario that distresses me.

I was just reading an item in the local newspaper by the owner of a local
radio station.  He was complaining that the FCC no longer issues licenses
based upon the service a station will provide, but instead, to the highest
bidder, i.e., selling licenses to the highest bidder, assuming certain
technical standards are met - nevermind moral and ethical standards.

And as for politics and Government:  I believe few people have sat down and
seriously read the US Constitution, much less James Madison's notes on the
framing of same, and why the founding fathers wrote certain provisions into
it.  I believe that if the Constitution were being followed to the letter,
half the people in the federal government would be impeached right now.

The story in the Bible Old Testament about Jacob and Esau is more than just
an ancient legend about two brothers.  It teaches a profound lesson.  Jacob
and Esau could represent nations as well as individuals.  If the United
States "sells" its "birthright", it will live to regret it later.  Now,
what is our "birthright"?  How might we be "selling" it?  I leave you to
think about it.

Jim Ellis