[CAUT] String scaling help svp?

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Mon Jan 29 12:02:50 MST 2007

> Just noticed that you posted in response to Mark's question also.
> Interesting that our formulas differ a little in the percentage break
> calculation. I think from memory I'm using the numbers from Al Sanderson.

Hi Ron O,
Me too. My fault here. I was on #76 instead of #75. Wrong
frequency. Yup, that'd do it. When I'm on the right page, our
numbers match.

> It would be interesting to test the wire for breaking strain against the
> formula some time.

I've checked against what published information I could find,
and it's in the vicinity of the center of a pretty broad
average. I don't know what the allowable tensile strength
measurements from batch to batch range. Plenty accurate for
scaling though, I'd think, if we stay within a reasonable
safety factor. No 59mm C-8 for me, thanks.

Ron N