[CAUT] Disinfecting Keys

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Tue Jan 30 08:13:02 MST 2007

> There is a tape sold at drug stores called Transpore that is a medical tape
> that breathes. You can put a bit of this over cracked fingers and still play or
> tune. The only real solution to cracked fingers in the winter is move to
> Florida.
>
> ron

Hi Ron B,
The reason the masking tape works so well for me is because it
*doesn't* breathe. It holds the splits together, sure, but it
also seals up the skin so it can rehydrate from the inside
out- which it does nicely in the course of a day. Stripping
off the tape later, the edges of splits are soft and easily
trimmed, and the split heals up quickly after that. I tend to
do a lot of finger whittling this time of year. More splits
later, more tape, same cycle. It's the best workaround I've
found. If I made a couple of hamburger patties daily and
didn't work with wood and glue, I probably would never have
split fingers in the first place even without moving.
Ron N