[CAUT] Job Opening, U. of Michigan, Ann Arbor

Ed Sutton ed440 at mindspring.com
Thu Oct 11 15:28:50 MDT 2007

Jeff!

Did you attend this year's annual in Kansas City?
PTG has amazing resources!  I can't imagine any other organization in the hemisphere that could bring together such a range of teachers and resources.
The factory schools are great, but they are only going to teach how to tune,regulate and voice that company's pianos.  CAUT work involves so much more than just tuning, regulating and voicing.  The only place I know where people can get together and share about all the other stuff is right here: PTG and CAUT!

It will take planning, organizing, and especially creating ways to inform administrators of what a good CAUT has to offer.  I think a change can be made if we keep plugging at it.

By the way, just for comparison, the Steinway marketing campaign is well known in market studies.  It began just after the Civil War, and is the longest running unified marketing campaign in history.  Many of the Steinway "themes" go back over a hundred years.  They never contradict themselves, and they keep saying the same phrases over and over.  People in the Soviet Union in 1970 knew the Steinway name, and knew it was "the piano of the Immortals."  That's marketing!
PTG should learn from it.

Ed Sutton