[CAUT] CAUT Endorsement (was Re: Job Opening, U. of Michigan, Ann Arbor)

johnsond johnsond at stolaf.edu
Fri Oct 12 08:35:39 MDT 2007

Hi-

Since we're just talking and having some fun imaging the
possibilities-   I think it's appropriate to make at least one addition
to that list.  One would be hard pressed to think of any profession
where a member might be consider a "master"- and yet have experience
with only one way of doing things.  So it is with piano tuning.  In
addition to other skills as mentioned, a qualified CAUT not only should
have adequate knowledge and of tuning theory, history and various
styles- but also have the presentation skills to present these topics as
requested, occasionally, to interested students or even faculty.  This
small duty is actually listed in my job description. There were another
2 students who came in yesterday asking about it.  That's all.......

thanks,

Dennis Johnson
St. Olaf College