[CAUT] Fall board

Douglas Wood dew2 at u.washington.edu
Tue Oct 16 12:42:08 MDT 2007

These are all good ideas. I have another that is very easy to try
first. Us bicyclists are familiar with a product known as "white
lightning". It is a waxy chain lube. It is designed to soak into the
chain and coat the pins and then dry, leaving the wax behind. One
treatment is almost always successful. Wipe with a cloth or tissue or
paper towel after. Try not to let it drip too much, though the
solvents don't seem to touch the finish. A second try is worth the
very little time and expense. If there's still noise, look for other
things--there are supposed to be rubber buttons on the backside of
the lip, e.g.
If there is still noise, and you're sure it's the hinges, then
disassemble them, etc.

Doug