[CAUT] lighter touchweight

Chris Solliday csolliday at rcn.com
Fri Oct 19 07:39:54 MDT 2007

Ric and all,
the real reduction here could be felt by the player kinetically as less
friction at the capstan wippen profile, although you will find a reduction
in static friction component as well. Just removing weight is one way,
adding an assist spring to the wippen is another more influential way. But
to be clear about this particular issue I am discussing theory for the most
part and agree with Jim Ellis and Don Maninno that other issues are more
practically persued and in fact there may not be ANY problem here. Afterall
we don't know the Ratio and most Baldwins are high and to have achieved 52
down and 30 up with minimal friction seems a wonderful result to this old
Baldwin kicker.
Chris Solliday