[CAUT] CAUT credential vs. academic program?

Ed Sutton ed440 at mindspring.com
Tue Oct 30 14:30:23 MST 2007

Jeff-

I find value in both ways of learning, and enjoy the way that formal learning gives me a standard by which I can test my abilities, such as they are.

Self-education is also over-rated, and self-assessment is prone to over-rate the examinee.

I like having a trained and educated dentist. Though I once worked with a fellow who drilled his own teeth, I could not follow his courageous example.

If you don't respect formal learning, it must be very hard for you to work in a school.

Ed Sutton