[CAUT] keyboard for practice

Andrew Anderson andrew at andersonmusic.com
Thu Apr 24 08:39:27 MDT 2008

Todd,
It sounds like she is looking for the portability of a (electronic)
stage piano.  Unfortunately the digital piano world has departed from
the piano world when it comes to weight.  Probably the best such
instrument is the Roland

RD-700GX: Digital Stage Piano.  This model features Roland's copy of
the real piano's escapement (after-touch) feel and its effect on
playing.  These Epianos are capable of nuances and subtle shading
that others lacking this feature cannot match.  The key-weight is
still too low to my taste but that seems to be the fare for the course.

http://www.rolandus.com/products/productdetails.aspx?ObjectId=923&ParentId=87

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Roland-RD700GX-DIGITAL-PIANO?sku=703119
Priced here at $2395.00

Andrew Anderson