[CAUT] Brodmann pianos

Richard Brekne ricb at pianostemmer.no
Wed Apr 30 03:35:28 MDT 2008

Come on Ron...  you seriously trying to tell us that  posts like your
"sheep-dip" post where you outright state in the context of the present
discussion the following:

    "If anyone is narrow minded, it's the individual that adheres to the
    cantilever and short back scale while ignoring the potential for
    improvement of a different approach"

is anything but tantamount to declaring outright that anyone who adheres
to the cantilever approach is <<wrong>>.....  and worse then wrong but
specifically narrow minded to use your own words ? Give me a break. Are
you trying to tell everyone that its outright  impossible to seriously
delve into these matters and simply come up with logically arrived at,
rationally reasoned, objective and considered OPPOSITE conclusions to
your own ?  You really want to go there ?

There are no universal truths involved here.... at least none equating
any particular design configuration with some piano tone concept that
should be imposed on the whole piano world as "best", "better", or the
like.

Again... I'd say...and often do... the same thing to those who want to
impose ANY particular piano sound / design concept on the rest of us.
Cheers
RicB

     >     But Ric is also right, in telling Jim and Ron that their opinion
     > based on experience doesn't make everybody else wrong.

        Where did either Jim or I say that everybody else was wrong,
        and why is it so inevitably phrased and misrepresented that way?

        Ron N

     > Okay, I guess if somebody says that having no cantilever, and longer
     > back scale, is "better" and that this is something that should be
     > accepted as a "fact" I get the impression that it implies that
    everyone
     > else is wrong <G>.

        Could be, but I didn't say that, and you shouldn't be
        indicating such from impressions of implications, particularly
        second hand ones, now should you?