[CAUT] OT - Question for Eudora Users

Aaron Bousel abousel at comcast.net
Thu Dec 4 17:43:20 PST 2008

Dear David (and any other Eudora users),
Try this:
http://email.about.com/od/eudoratips/qt/et092705.htm
and follow the link to edit the Header Lines displayed.

I'm running version 7.1 and did this some time ago and it worked very
well. Although some extraneous headers get through, for the most part
I've eliminated all but the basics. I found the forum you referred to
and I don't know what they're talking about. There's no "Preferences"
menu, at least not in version 7.1 for Windows.

Not that anyone asked, but here's a neat trick I learned. If, while a
message is open, you hit control followed by k it opens a dialogue
box that allows you to add the sender to your address book.

Aaron

At 09:49 AM 12/4/2008, you wrote:
>Dear Euds -
>
>Since November 2 or 3, when the lists migrated to the new server,
>the headings for all my list-sourced mail  looks like the example
>below, in its most compacted form.  Andy Rudoff directed me to a
>Eudora Forum discussion about editing headers, but it involves
>accessing a sub-menu called Boring Headings, in Eudora
>Preferences.  I have looked what seems like everywhere, and cannot
>find the Preferences Menu, certainly not in Tools.  Is there anyone
>who could tell me where I would find this?  I'm using version 7.1,
>which I seem to remember was not the final version before they
>stopped.   Any help is greatly appreciated, since I have a
>particular learning disability which compels me to read every line
>of header, every time.  That last is a joke, but it IS truly
>unpleasant to have to scroll down to the message body, literally,
>each time.  Many thanks
>

>Sample header:
>
>>Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2008 22:21:58 -0800
>>From: David Love <davidlovepianos at comcast.net>
>>Subject: Re: [CAUT] Steinway 1098
>>Sender: caut-bounces at ptg.org
>>To: caut at ptg.org

Aaron Bousel
Registered Piano Technician, Piano Technicians Guild
abousel at comcast.net
(413) 253-3846 (voice & fax)