[CAUT] Vs Profelt... again

Chris Solliday csolliday at rcn.com
Tue Dec 16 13:52:02 PST 2008

I can't say my protocol is scientific but I have done the difference test you suggest Ed, with both action centers and keybushings. Alcohol and water depends on the amount of water, more is more aggressive, but in any case my findings were that VS Profelt is more aggressive in general as a sizing solution. I usually test to see if alcohol and water is going to be enough with action centers. If not then I go to the VSPro. I just use VSPro with keybushings, the cauls take care of the fit so yes it works both. I just had a brain squeak, wouldn't the right mix of sizing also refit loose action centers as well? Aren't the center pins alot like cauls? I'll get back to you on that one, I'll try most anything. In fact how much water is too much water would be interesting, that's probably already been done. But I wonder when alcohol no longer can work as an evaporating agent due to the volume of water.
But don't let me stop you Dennis. You need to get a feel for working with both anyway.
Chris Solliday