[CAUT] Original SD-10 Key Height

Allan Schumacker Allan.Schumacker at ncc.edu
Sat Jul 4 20:27:44 MDT 2009

Bob:

According to the  copy of the Baldwin Piano Service Manual that I
have, dated 1986, key height for the Baldwin concert grand is "2
9/16 inches ... approx."
Hammer blow distance is  1  7/8". Let-off  is 1/16" below the string.
Hammer drop is another 1/16" below let-off. Key dip is .428"  "...
measured at the front of the key cover overhang." Aftertouch is at
least 0.025" ,  but not greater than .060".

There isn't any distinction made in the service manual between
various versions of the Baldwin concert grand with regard to
regulating specifications.

Good luck!

Allan N. Schumacker, RPT
Nassau Community College