[CAUT] stolen tools

Christopher Purdy purdy at ohio.edu
Thu Jul 30 17:38:31 MDT 2009

Wade,

Sorry to hear about this.  Alert every pawn shop within 50-100 miles
that you can.  Hopefully the police are already doing that.  The tools
are unusual enough that you may have a hit.  We had some trombones
turn up missing a couple of years ago and they were found in a pawn
shop almost 50 miles away.  I'll ask around here but I'm probably too
far away to do any good.  Good luck!

Chris

On Jul 30, 2009, at 5:42 PM, Wade Stephenson wrote:

> Dear colleagues,
>
> All of the tools that I carry in my car were stolen July 29 in
> Louisville, KY.  Taken were 4 tool boxes full of all types of piano
> tools: regulating, stringing, tuning, voicing tools, several 1/3 lb.
> reels of piano wire, misc. piano parts, a Dewalt cordless drill, a
> Genck Accu-tuner case and a SAT III, serial number 6418.  Your help
> in alerting me if you should hear anything about these stolen tools
> would be much appreciated, especially those of you near
> Louisville.   E-mail me at wade at vintagepianoworks.com or call
> 812-844-1424.  Thank you.
>
> Wade Stephenson, RPT
> Fredericksburg, IN