[CAUT] Friday Puzzler

Paul T Williams pwilliams4 at unlnotes.unl.edu
Fri Jul 31 14:59:46 MDT 2009

No cloth! Original brass rail.Some fuzz and dirt that I cleaned out, but
nothing changed!  Looking at the action from the front or back, the wips
are either forward or back by 1-2mm...I'm not even sure which ones are
correctly located!!  Side-to-side alignment with knuckles are fine.  As I
said, this is a puzzler!

Could it be a problem with the drilled holes that may have not been
exactly aligned?  Is this something Steinway did in the 60's??

Paul