[CAUT] pin-block plugging?

Mark Cramer cramer at brandonu.ca
Mon May 4 13:50:27 PDT 2009

Thanks David,

This is valuable information. I’d wondered about boring from underneath to
get a good plug size. There are good portable right-angled portable drills
out there, but I worried about my ability to drill a good hole free-hand.

Fortunately this instrument is in the building, so we’ll have it moved into
the shop over summer, pull the plate and install about a dozen ½” plugs.

BTW, this piano has 2/0 pins that were feeling a bit loose over winter, with
about a dozen 4/0 mystery pins that gave up altogether. So it’s likely an
ideal candidate for spot-plugging, and I’m relieved to know that you and
several others have had success with the ½” plugs.

Thanks,

Mark C.

  _____

bounces at ptg.org [mailto:caut-bounces at ptg.org] On Behalf Of David Skolnik