[CAUT] pin-block plugging?

Susan Kline skline at peak.org
Mon May 4 17:43:17 PDT 2009

>Like at a concert-hall a few years back when it became immediately
>apparent why the C6 flange on their older D was lifting every time I
>tried to tighten the screw. (Any guesses?)

The very end of the action screw had broken off in the hole, possibly
because it was crazy-glued in? And so tightening jammed the rest of
the screw down against the stub? And sawdust perhaps was driven out
of the hole and under the loose flange?

(Am I warm? Or way off base?)

Manitoba -- maybe too dry in winter to have CA glue work well? Maybe
if you took out the loose tuning pin, swabbed the hole with something
damp, put the pin back in and then dripped in the CA? (or wet the
tuning pin with the CA and then turned it back in.)

Susan