[CAUT] Ideal humidity levels

Waldrop, Craig Craig_Waldrop at baylor.edu
Wed May 13 11:32:51 MDT 2009

Elwood,

My recommendation would be to "widen your parameters."  HVAC techs will tell you that the stated narrow range is very expensive to  maintain and that the sacrifice will be a fluctuation in temperature (which inhabitants of the building will be unhappy with).  At least, that is what I was told when facing your situation at a former institution.  I would ask for a system that could maintain a range of, for instance, 35% low-side to 55% high-side.  Humidity control is always an interesting challenge that we cauts face, isn't it?  Good luck in your endeavor!

Craig Waldrop, RPT
Staff Piano Technician
Baylor School of Music
254.710.1723