[CAUT] Semantics

Richard Adkins RADKINS at coe.edu
Mon May 18 08:15:23 MDT 2009

Not to continue a very very long and over winded discourse, but I read this last week.

>From the Baldwin Piano Co. website:

"Meticulously constructed and tapered, Baldwin soundboards amplify the string energy to produce a rich, sustaining tone."

I guess they don't know what they are talking about, according to you and they
build the pianos.

Oh, and where does resonance come in to the equation? It seems to me the
board is resonating to the frequencies set up by the energy imparted to
the string under tension.

Further enlightenment is required by our local gurus.

Richard Adkins
Coe College