[CAUT] How big is too big?

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Thu Nov 4 10:38:13 MDT 2010

On 11/4/2010 9:45 AM, Albert Picknell wrote:

> Clearly, the message I posted yesterday was all about arbitrary
> visual effects, as were several of your clever replies.  All in a
> healthy spirit of silliness.  Putting silliness aside now, I've
> changed my text setting to plain text.  It's ridiculously easy to do,
> and makes tasks like snipping previously posted comments (such as
> Ron's, above) much, much easier!

I never have understood why people insist on html, when it's so often in
the way. As a communication aid, it's too often a giant bright orange
dancing giraffe with wings. Distracting, and typically not particularly
informative.

> BTW, the messages you mentioned earlier, Ron, displayed on my screen
> as you described.

Ah, thanks Bert. It's apparently not that I'm the only one who gets the
aberrant stuff, just the only one who complains about the unnecessary
complications.

Ron N