[CAUT] Space usage survey

Paul Milesi, RPT paul at pmpiano.com
Wed Nov 10 09:18:34 MST 2010

My chair has, at my request, put me on the published web calendar for our
recital hall every Wednesday from 8pm-12mid.  This lets me prepare whichever
of the two pianos will be used for the weekly Thursday recital which
features both students and faculty, occasionally guests, or to do other work
in there (I'm still working on the 40-year-old Steinway D).

Rarely I am asked to begin a little later than 8 PM if there is a function
in the Recital Hall.  I don't mind, because Thursday mornings from 9-12noon
are also open, and I can go in then to touch up or tune.  I am not a morning
person, and parking is very difficult early in the day, so the Wednesday
evening slot generally works for me.

There are normally 1 or 2 other recitals during the week or weekend, and I
visit the piano and touch up unisons for virtually every performance.  Not
reserved time, but everyone has gotten accustomed to my showing up, sort of
courtesy, and are always delighted and happy to yield a few minutes or 1/2
hour.

BTW, our choir rehearses in the Recital Hall, so the piano is used for 3
2-hour rehearsals a week in addition to the above-mentioned recitals.  Other
than that, it's usually just classes all day long; no piano use.
--
Paul Milesi, RPT
Staff Piano Technician