[CAUT] cutting departments

Ron Koval drwoodwind at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 13 20:49:57 MDT 2010

I'm in that category now...

I got my letter from the public school board a few weeks before school started telling me not to come in for the beginning of the school year.  I've been
a full time instrument repair tech for 26 years for a large performing arts high school in Chicago.  The principal and chair still have hope of getting at
least a part time position with benefits starting soon.  I consider myself lucky that I had a database to dig back for tuning contacts - it would've been
pretty bleak without having done part-time tunings all these years.

I only do a couple of days a month at the university...  I may have to go into "full hustle" mode now to get enough work to keep busy.

<sigh>

Ron Koval
Concordia U