[CAUT] Bass string & Aliquot bar contact noise

Fred Sturm fssturm at unm.edu
Sat Oct 16 13:04:22 MDT 2010

One thing that comes to mind is plate screws. I had a similar issue
with a Samick grand, and (after a long and tortuous amount of
troubleshooting over a couple years) found that tightening the lag
screw at the end of the plate strut solved it. Certainly worth trying.
(Your back of the piano comment stirred up the memory).
Regards,
Fred Sturm
fssturm at unm.edu
"I am only interested in music that is better than it can be played."
Schnabel